THE END OF THE WORLD SKIRT



Friends, the world is ending. 

Hug your kids, eat that extra piece of pie, kiss your crush, make that ostentatious blouse, visit that fancy restaurant you've been oggling but avoiding because of money. I'll meet you at a big bonfire on the beach. BYO wine and cheese. 

How do I know the world is ending? Well it's the only explanation for me making a fitted skirt and not having to make one alteration to the pattern. 

Not. One. 

Obviously the world is ending or By Hand London is playing some kind of trick on me.  


Speaking of By Hand London, the women who run this new independent pattern company are absolute goddesses and you should buy this Charlotte skirt pattern. Making it was a breeze and now I'm buzzing to try the Elisalex dress (have you seen Oona's versions?!)

I followed their easy, informative sew-along including lining and hand-stitching, even blind stitching the hem (the world is ending exhibit B). I'm so glad I did because dammit if the world is ending, I am going out in style. 

17 love notes:

  1. Your charlotte is adorable. Great fabric and lining!! It was a lovely pattern to sew and I too couldn't believe I was blind stitching the hem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Increddddddible. Looks so good on you!! Well done. Fitted skirts are so tricky, but if you had such good luck with it then maybe I might too?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt is gorgeous! I agree this pattern is magic. I also didn't have any fit issues and the tutorials got me through my first invisible zip and lining. Love the styling too with the polka dot blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it once and I'll say it again this skirt is stunning! It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, GORGEOUS!!! And no changes required!?! What a bonus! I love the colour of this skirt paired with the polka dots...very lovely! I have the Elisalex dress...really need to get round to making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world is ending due to a perfectly fitting pencil skirt? Good 'nuff reason for me to eat chocolate for dinner tonight. HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. screw the mayans and carmageddon, out of the package fit trumps those posers.

    your ensemble is droolicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gah, this looks HOT on you! Fab skirt! I'm glad that the skirt worked out so well for you cause I'm still sorting out the fit with mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my oh my, miss reana louise. that skirt is amazing and you look... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that skirt is perfection. It's beautifully finished and fits you like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your skirt is gorgeous! I love the fabric. Another pattern for the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! And I love how you styled it. Ok, I'm off to order myself a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks amazing and I LOVE your bright contrast lining! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reana, OMFG. I just realised you started a new blog! I was thinking why hasn't homegirl posted in 6 months? Am I an idiot? But goodie for me, I have months of delightful catching up to do! New blog _ subscribed! Also, rad skirty, and I will be knocking one of these BHL beauts out myself shortly.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this??!!!! Beyond delicious you are in this - and always actually. Hot hot hot to trot. Can you promise us a bootie shot in every post pleeeeease? And you're right - the world is ending, the Jehovah's Witness lady told me so. I'm so down for getting my ultimate leaving party wardrobe in the works! Big fat kiss to you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I LOVE hearing from you!

If you ask a question pop back because I'll answer it here, and please use a name or alias (not 'Anonymous') so I know who you are! x