SMUG YELLOW BRICKS


This morning started with three ladies, iced-lattes, and the uncomfortable heat that comes with a side order of haze and thick sweat. We needed to debrief saturday's spectacular engagement party now that our cheese and champagne come downs had finally melted away.

I also needed to rock my new silk dress, and pull that smug-bitch face I was promising you.

This smug bitch wants to send past me a thank you note for using natural, breathable fabrics because, my god, brisbane is sticky today.

The yellow brick is a silk-cotton mix by Karen Walker that the beautiful girls I refer to as the Bangers (yes, that is a true blood reference) bought for my birthday. The lining is silk and the yoke is linen and japanese cotton. 

The pattern is from Yoshiko Tsukion's Stylish Dress Book (picture below)



I adore it. It's perfect. I'm smug and proud and comfortable in this beautiful silk dress that can be worn as a moo-moo. 

Bring on the party season. 

And just because I can't leave you without some garden pictures:


ps. thank you to the newly engaged Harriet for taking these photos for me! 

13 love notes:

  1. You so deserve to don a 'smug bitch' face...hehe! This is a gorgeous dress, so flattering on you and it even looks breezy and summery! And those home-grown vegetables are making me salivate...especially the aubergine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Marie! You're welcome to come over anytime for some roast aubergine ;)

      Delete
    2. Gah, how I wish I could!!!

      Delete
  2. This dress is absolutely beautiful! I love this color on you (it reminds me of your marmalade dress from a while back)! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S, you have such a great memory! I didn't even realise! Haha obviously my friends recognised my deep love for yellow :)

      Delete
  3. I would have a smug bitch face too if I had made that dress. It is gorgeous! Love the colour and print. What a lovely birthday present. How hot has it been! Natural breathable fabrics are a must at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This heat has been so silly Kat! I vote you, I, and our posses move to somewhere more liveable.

      Delete
  4. you beautiful yellow bricked bitch. and you mock us further with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoosh! I'm still in a vicious fit of jealousy over your leggings.

      Delete
  5. omg, you smug bitch! ;D
    love what you've done with the fabric, R-Banger!!! I absolutely adore it! hurray
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh I LOVE THIS!! It is the most perfect version of this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh that fabric is HEAVENLY. Such a good print! I love your belt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I LOVE hearing from you!

If you ask a question pop back because I'll answer it here, and please use a name or alias (not 'Anonymous') so I know who you are! x